Arriving to Japan

AMC Gram
Requesting a Sponsor

Special Issuance Passport: All U.S. Civilian Employees and their families and Military dependents will require Special Issuance Passport in hand no later than April 1st 2022 to enter Japan. This requirement is for official travel only. A few examples would include PCS, Emergency Leave, COT, Student/Dependent Travel, and TDY to include those for medical purposes. Please see your local base or post passport office to begin your application. If you are assigned as a sponsor please ensure your inbound teammates are aware and receive Special Issuance Passports for their families before departing.


Guide to Importing Pets 
Advanced Notification (Dog)
Advanced Notification (Cat)
Advanced Notification (Completed example)
GOJ Import Japan (Form A)
GOJ Import Japan (Form C)

AMC Pet Pamphlet

According to the Yokota Veterinarian Clinic, upon arrival to Japan all pet owners should have a health certificate, two rabies certificates (with two different dates minimum of 30 days apart), and a FAVN. More information can be found at

Employment Opportunities

Med Group Button

AMC Button

FSS Button

Helping Agency Matrix Button

Useful Numbers

last 4 digits

Japanese Cell Phone:
last 5-digits

A&FRC: 225-8725
Housing: 225-3252
Finance: 225-7825
Kanto Lodge: 224-2002
Pet Care Center: 225-8906
Veterinary Clinic: 225-4363
Safety Office: 225-7233
Pass & ID: 225-8932

Prohibited Mail Substances