In order for the legal office to assist in the process for your dependent to receive their superannuation refund, our office will need the following documentation:
1. A copy of your PCS orders to and from Australia
2. A copy of the photo page of dependent’s passport
3. A copy of the immigrations stamp showing the date dependent arrived in Australia*
4. A copy of the immigrations stamp showing the date dependent departed Australia*
5. Dependent’s Australian tax ID number
6. The name of the Super Company
7. Current physical mailing address at your new location
*If passport was processed electronically either on initial arrival or departure, provide official flight itinerary showing official arrival and departure date.
Once our office receives the requested documents and information, we will provide a reverse SOFA certification by mail for your dependent to present to the Super Company for a refund of the Superannuation. Our office does not contact the Super Company on your dependent’s behalf. We solely provide a reverse SOFA certification for your dependent to present to the Super Company. All requests for a reverse SOFA certification should be sent to our organizational account at PACAF.JAOL-E.CANBERRA@US.AF.MIL. Should you have additional questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact our office at +61-2-6214-5804/5817.